Ubuntu Feisty Fawn Installation
Ubuntu Installation Feisty Fawn
Posted by Adam Hayes
Well we just installed Feisty Fawn on one of the laptops here in the office. Everything seems to be running smoothly. I'm going to be posting some basic "reminders" for myself for the next time I do an install, so these might help someone, or they might not.
- Make sure you get the latest aptitude (apt-get) stuff...
- sudo aptitude update
- sudo aptitude upgrade
- Add a script to startup
- Write the script in the /etc/init.d/ directory
- update-rc.d filename defaults
chmod +x filename
- Turn on the wireless led for an Acer CL56 (might put this in a startup script
- sudo modprobe acerhk
- echo 1 > /proc/driver/acerhk/wirelessled
- Install Alien
- sudo aptitude install alien
- Install Automatix
That should at least cover the basic install stuff. Please do NOT ask any Ubuntu related questions in the comments section. They will not be posted. If you have questions, go to the Ubuntu forum.
« Accurate Backlink Counter for Google and Yahoo