Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Basics
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Tips
Posted by Adam Hayes
Basic Search Engine Optimization (SEO) techniques that are so simple that anyone can do them.
While there are numerous tricks and tips to get better search engine placement (let alone the tips specific to every individual search engine), here are some very basic search engine optimization tips that anyone and everyone can do to help get their websites a little better placement in the basic search engines.
You should use this SEO checklist on every page of your website, not just the home page (although the home page isn't a bad place to start):
- My site has a title that isn't longer than 60 characters
- My site has a title that doesn't include the domain name
- My site has a title that isn't the same as the file name
- My site has a meta "description" tag that is no longer than 100 characters
- My site has a meta "description" tag that has less than 25 words
- My site has a meta "keywords" tag that has less than 250 characters
- My site has a meta "keywords" tag that has all keywords starting in capital letters
- My site has a meta "keywords" tag that lists a keyword then , (comma space) keyword
- My site has a meta "keywords" tag that doesn't use any word more than 3 times
- My site has between 6-18% keyword density
- My site has an index page that loads fast (not too much content or images)
- My site has NO BROKEN LINKS
- My site has NO UNDER CONSTRUCTION pages
- All images have an alt tag
- My code validates as valid HTML or XHTML code
These basic SEO tips can help you get started on getting better placement in search engines like Google, Yahoo, and MSN. If you need further assistance with search engine opmiziation, please Contact AHFX with the URL of your site.
« Dynamic Pages vs. Static Pages